Monday 17 December 2018

Drivetime capering

This community radio caper is a blast, i is lovin’ it (dunno about my listeners mind). It’s a chance to kick off my shoes, play my favourite tunes and chew the fat with guests of varied repute. And the people at Mearns FM are solid, they are all about serving their community, good local stock devoted to the station. We have disagreements as to what represents good music, I for instance would sooner brush my teeth with cement mixture than listen to Tina Turner whereas there are the misguided few who think that the Stone Roses are a garden ornament available at Kirkton, but regardless, we aim to please.

This week finds me filling in on the Friday Drivetime show, on sabbatical from my Sunday teatime graveyard shift. I believe the great Aberdeenshire public may be in for something of an awakening this Yuletide season, there aren’t many drivetime shows that combine old school hip hop with ear splitting grunge. Perhaps I’ll go easy in between traffic and weather announcements with an occasional low tempo number, I don’t wish to alienate the entire listenership.

In other news, I’m looking for a family of music lovers to join me as guests on Christmas Day, 5-6pm, to share their favourite tracks. There are really only two qualifying stipulations; 1) sobriety, I can’t have guests turning up fresh from emptying the Christmas sherry bottle and 2) musical savvy, please no middle of the road guff, let’s play something worth listening to. If you fancy it, please drop me a line at alexrusson555@gmail.com and we’ll get it lined up.

Over and out from the Baltics.

No comments:

Post a Comment